There are many things that can be motivating in this day and age. They can range from money to fame. Social media success. A thriving business. Relationship goals. Fitness goals. Content creation to grow your social media accounts or websites.
There are literally limitless ways to be motivated. They can come from a million different places. But the most important factor of being motivated is having that motivation inside of you.
You can listen to all of the motivational speeches you want. You can get hyped up for whatever it may be. You can write down daily motivational quotes. But the ability to execute and do what you are saying you’re going to do only resides in you.
Take fitness for example. You can hire me as your fitness coach. I can develop a well thought out workout program, custom nutrition plan and more. But I can’t do the workouts and nutrition choices for you. I can coach you through these but at the.end of the day it’s you that has to be motivated enough to eat right and do the workout.
You have to have motivation somewhere inside to be driven enough to be successful. The motivation can come from money or fame but the thing is no matter what you’re motivated by it all comes back to you being motivated to do whatever you’re trying to do.
So how can you stay motivated? Here are a few ways that come to mind.
- Think short and long term goals. What can you do in the short term that’ll impact your long term future? Going back to the fitness side of things, is that extra alive of pizza worth the long term impact it is going to have on your fitness aspirations?
- Hold yourself accountable. Set a date for a goal and stick to it. With fitness it could be a wedding you want to be in shape for or the beach or something like that.
- Get others involved with your goals. Others can hold you accountable to a degree. They can talk to you about your goals and check up on you but you still have to be the one doing the work.
- Keep goals quiet or post them. This one can be very tough. If you make your goals public and fail you could make yourself look like you can’t accomplish goals if you don’t even try. Or if you do state them, your followers on social media can help motivate you. Just keep this in mind when you decide to state your goals or not.
- Stay focused – keep the end game in mind and don’t let anything get in the way of you achieving it.
Motivation is very important in all aspects of success on the big or small scale. Motivation must come from inside you at the end of the day. You have to stay focused and determined. Even when you have low days just stay focused on the big and small picture. Doing this will allow you to stay on task and head down the path of success.
Struggling to succeed? In need of some extra motivation? You could benefit from a personalised coaching plan with Motiv8.me Coaching. We have a range of the very best coaches available offering tailor made coaching programmes. Start something new today – click the chat box to start a no obligation conversation or click here to contact us now using our online form.