Do you aspire to do big things? Do you aspire to become extremely fit and athletic? Do you aspire to become the best entrepreneur in the world? Do you aspire to be rich and famous? Or do you have some other goal?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then there is a big lesson you have to keep in mind when it comes to becoming successful in whatever it is you are trying to do: You have to train for your goals, not others.
The reason I say this is because suddenly people put expectations on themselves based on others goals and achievements. You need to find what makes you tick and really go for it. A question that comes out of this though is why do other people put expectations on you? Or why do you see their achievements and want to achieve the same thing?
To become successful in whatever it is you may be doing or aspiring to do you have to remember it is a process and you have to take step-by-step actions to get there.
We will use fitness as an example for this. For me personally I’m trying to get into the best shape of my life so there is a process I have to follow to get there but it is not the only process.
- Define my.goal. I stated my goal so this is what I will be going after but I want to be very specific with what the goal is. For me, it is 7-10% body fat.
- Now that I have my goal I have to figure out the process to achieve it.
- Get nutrition in check. Getting nutrition in check plays a huge part when it comes to transforming your body through fat loss and gaining muscle.
- Set a workout schedule. Commit time to working out each week and you will see results gradually.
- Adapt. If you hit a plateau then you just need to adapt and continue pushing forward.
All of these points are just some small examples of how I am working on the process of getting into really great shape.
But the thing is, the same is true for absolutely any goal. Success is a result of the process.
As you can tell, it takes quite the mental fortitude and step-by-step process to get to where you want to go but by pushing yourself to the limits you can get there.
Even with a process in place you have to remember the fact that you need to go by what your goals are and not others. Other people may give their input which is completely fine but you have to remember that it is your goal and nobody else’s. You need to execute on it and continue to persist even during the really hard times.
No matter what you want to achieve, having a process leading up to your goal and sticking at it can be so rewarding when you look back and see all the accomplishments you have made. You will feel very proud of yourself after what you have achieved and it will give you the strength to push forward to go after any goal you desire.